If you’re ready to invest in security services, you want to make sure you’re getting the best security service for your dollar. Who wouldn’t?
The value you get from your investment depends somewhat on the caliber of partner you choose. But it also depends on how you engage them and what standards you hold them to. In other words, don’t just sit back and let your security partner take the reins! Work closely with them to express your needs and ask about your options.
Here are six ways to make sure you’ll get the best security service from your security provider.
- Choose a well-established provider. This one may seem obvious, but it’s worth saying it up front. Some newly launched security services may be well managed and provide very good protection. But as your security challenges evolve, will a fledgling partner be able to scale up to meet your needs? By choosing a security partner with a long track record of success, you can eliminate much of the uncertainty from the process.
- Ask for credentials. Who are the founders of your potential security partner? What’s their background in security—are they experts, or is this simply their latest business venture? You’ll get the best security service from a vendor that knows the trade inside and out and has the licensing and insurance they need to deliver a full range of services.
- Ask about 24/7 dispatch. Security incidents don’t stop happening when your employees go home for the evening. If thieves or vandals target your business in the middle of the night, you want a security partner that will be “on it” right away.
- Ask for references. Choosing a security provider that has been in the business for a long time and is run by dedicated professionals is one way to ensure you’ll get the best security service. But don’t stop there. Ask any potential partner for references from current customers who have security needs similar to your own. Speak with these customers and don’t be afraid to ask them the tough questions about the service they’re getting. Remember: it’s your money and you want to be sure you’re getting good value.
- Make sure they’re local. There are national security providers that can provide guard services just about anywhere. But depending on your location, these providers may not have very good oversight of the guards they’re deploying in your area. On the other hand, a locally based security provider will be more able to manage your guard effectively—and will be just a phone call away if you’re ever having trouble with your alarm system or access system.
- Ask about their full range of security services. A security provider that’s just in it for the money may try to sell you on armed guard services you don’t really need, or a fancy alarm system that will burst your budget. To get the very best security service, make it clear that you’re not wedded to any single approach and ask your potential partner to provide a variety of approaches to your security challenges.
We at Creative Security take a consultative approach to every client engagement because we realize it’s not about us—it’s about you. We’ll listen carefully to your concerns and challenges and then present you with a creative solution that provides the highest level of protection for your dollar. Give us a call today!